Wednesday, September 14, 2005

FEMA and Etc.

The director of FEMA stepped down. He's one down. We still have a few more to go.

I was thinking about Brown, and I wondered: how does he look at himself in the mirror every day? How can he live with himself, knowing that because of his incompetence people died needlessly? Does he feel remorse? How can we know people's private thoughts? What a thing to have on your conscience. The deaths of thousands. I don't know what I hope for him, that he is feeling guilty about everything or that he doesn't think he did anything wrong. We should hope he feels guilty about everything, but I just can't imagine having to live with that knowledge every day. But that's the kicker, isn't it? He gets to live.

If Bush truly accepted responsibility, he would resign. But his words are merely rhetoric. And, really, all he said was that he accepts responsibility for other people messing up. He didn't admit he did anything wrong. And he never has. He never will. I want to start wearing my "Bush Must Go" button again. It is always appropriate.




"When the president talks to God
Does he ever think that maybe he's not?
That that voice is just inside his head
When he kneels next to the presidential bed
Does he ever smell his own bullshit
When the president talks to God?
I doubt it
I doubt it"

--Bright Eyes, "When the President Talks to God"

No comments: