Thursday, September 08, 2005

Unbelievable.

First of all...is this picture for real? What. is. wrong. with. those. people?

Second, Laura Bush has never disgusted me more. She called the hurricane "Corrina" twice. Really. I'd like to take this moment to say that I never bought into her act; I never liked her. She's one of those women who just follow whatever her husband says...she doesn't have an original thought in her bubbly little head. She was a Democrat before she met Bush, you know.

These people are soul-less.

Nancy Pelosi is one of my new favorite people. She kicks ass.

Excerpt from video at Crooks and Liars (Phillips is a CNN commentator):

    Phillips: "Are you changing your mind, at all, about how you feel the Bush administration is handling this crisis up to this very minute?"

    Pelosi: "It's not a question of how I feel. It's what I know.... If the FEMA head had reacted appropriately a week ago, there would have been less cost in lives and livelihood and people's homes in the region and a lot less cost in money to the taxpayer.... I call once again on the President to replace the head of FEMA. FEMA was a failure last week. Many, many hardworking FEMA workers were out there in the field. But they didn't get the leadership and the accountability they needed.... As we go forward, we can do better if we have professional, capable leadership in position at FEMA to do the job."

    [...]

    Phillips: "I think it's unfair that FEMA is singled out. There are so many people responsible for what has happened in the state of Louisiana."

    Pelosi: "That is true and I'm sorry you think that it's unfair. But I don't. I think it's unfair to the people who lost their family members, their lives, their livelihood, their homes, their opportunity. And FEMA did a poor job."

    Phillips butts in to say: "What about the Army Corps of Engineers with all those warnings --"

    They talk over each other, until Pelosi finally says, "Kyra, if you want to make a case for the White House, you should go on their payroll."
And who can forget what Pelosi said earlier in the week?

From Crooks and Liars (see video, too):
    "At a news conference, Pelosi, D-Calif., said Bush's choice for head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency had ''absolutely no credentials.''

    She related that she had urged Bush at the White House on Tuesday to fire Michael Brown...

    ''He said 'Why would I do that?''' Pelosi said.

    '''I said because of all that went wrong, of all that didn't go right last week.' And he said 'What didn't go right?'''

    ''Oblivious, in denial, dangerous,'' she added."
I like her more than Hillary.

3 comments:

Carl said...

Stef,

It's Photoshopped.

iWoman said...

Thanks, Carl. Figured it'd have to have been, because it really made no sense! But it really is something they'd do, though! ; )

Carl said...

Sadly, it does look all too real, yea.