Thursday, August 17, 2006

Music & Freebies.

I recently attended a Billy Currington concert. I had other reasons to be a bit (naturally) cheerful that night, but I had a good time! I thought he put on a good show, but some people weren't happy with the sound system. Oh, well. I do wish he had some better material, but it could just be because I wasn't familiar with most of the songs.

But, whew! He is s-e-x-y. Also, anyone who sings "Family Tradition" by Hank Williams, Jr. is okay in my book (that was the highlight of the show for me!). He also sang some AC/DC, which was fun.

I could have gone backstage and met him, but, eh. I declined because I'm not really into meeting celebrities.

One thing that really made me like him: apparently Billy Currington, during contract negotiations with the venue where he played, had a requirement that the venue not charge over a certain amount for the tickets (which eventually cost $5.00--what a deal!). What a stand-up guy! See, U2, not everyone charges their fans an arm and a leg for tickets simply because they can.




I love George Strait's new song, "Give it Away." But the voice does not sound at all like him at first! I think the song sounds like something Conway Twitty would have sung.




Free stuff I've received so far from listings on :
    Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Personal Pak
    V. cute! I got the flower design, because it was the only one in-stock. I received it in less than a week. Unfortunately, though, I got my Ortho from the college's medical center, and they have special packaging for students, so it doesn't fit in the pak. : ( Once I start getting it from a regular pharmacy, though, I should be able to use it.



Has anyone else seen the video for "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley? Isn't it wicked? With the ink blots? I love the song, too.




Why do companies think they have to have such hi-tech websites? I've been waiting for a Post-It website to load for f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I get that they want a cool website, but they're Post-It. I'm about ready to leave, and that will teach them for not thinking about people on modems!

No comments: