Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Seriously?

I was watching Paula Zahn's show on CNN last night...I don't know why I bother. I turned it off after the first discussion, because I was so disgusted.

Zahn was talking with three men--and I don't know what qualified any of them to speak on the topic--about the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy and Pace's recent comments that homosexuality is "immoral."

One of the two black men on the "panel," after hearing some (probably) bogus statistic that 58 percent of people in the armed forces say they would be distracted or some rot by a gay person in their unit, said he was going to follow their opinion in this instance. He said if they thought homosexuals would hurt the cohesion of the armed forces, then homosexuals shouldn't be allowed in the armed forces.

Can he see the irony in his statements? Does he realize that the same thing was said about black
people--that at one point people tried to keep black people out of the armed forces because they would hurt its "cohesion"?

I can't stand it. I can't stand it when people who are discriminated against do the exact same thing to someone else. The pathetic excuse of "disrupting the cohesion" has been used against black people, women, and homosexuals.

Women still don't have the opportunity to have equal roles in the armed forces. Why can't we die for your lies, too, Bush?

Can you imagine how foolish I would look if *I*, as a woman, went around saying that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to be "out" in the armed forces because it would hurt its "cohesion"? Do people ever think that maybe the people who are oh-so-distracted should be
the ones kicked out of the armed forces?

No comments: