Monday, June 11, 2007

Bitch!

"There is a dangerous myth going around this country that sexism doesn't exist anymore, that we have gotten past it and that 'alarmist' feminists are an outdated nuisance. Warnings like 'Oh, watch out - here comes the feminazi!' abound in our culture, as if for a woman, entitling yourself to an opinion puts you on a par with followers of the Third Reich." - Margaret Cho, from her foreword to BITCHfest: Ten Years of Cultural Criticism from the Pages of Bitch Magazine

I am only past the introduction, but already I am in love with this book! Something modern, finally! Plus, the loveliness of picking and choosing which articles I want to read, if I don't have time to read it cover to cover (although, I think I will have time, since it's fabulous).

"I believe that a thinking person in today's society can be driven mad by isolation." - Margaret Cho, same as above.

So needs to be a caption for something of mine.

No comments: