Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I hate the world today.

I thought nothing could upset me more than the article "Girl provoked pedophile - judge," but watching Bowling for Columbine for the first time comes close.

Did you know the NRA held a pro-gun rally in Denver, Co. ten days after Columbine? Yes, you have the "right" to meet, Mr. Heston, but it doesn't mean you have to let common decency fall by the wayside. How many years ago was Columbine, and gun control has gotten more lax?

Every day I hate the world more and can't see an end to this madness. It's okay to rape a 10-year-old if she looks 16, and it's okay to own automatic weapons that serve no purpose other than killing someone.

Nothing changes.

Anyway, I'm off to finish watching the movie now.

4 comments:

iWoman said...

Way to encourage me!

I don't know when I'll get to see Sicko - I'm sure they aren't playing it around here.

sarah said...

I think i might move my blog to xanga.com. They have nice settings, like a playlist of songs you create for readers to listen to. But then if i move, so do you ;) (or you can just duplicate yr blog).

iWoman said...

I would move to Xanga if you did. I think I have a Xanga account, actually, but I never used it.

Hahaha. For some reason, Byron has New Kids on the Block song on his computer. Hilarious. I used to love Jonathan. I saw a picture of them the other day, and I can't believe anyone ever thought they were cute. They don't sound too bad, though! Better than the Backstreet Boys, at least. ; )

sarah said...

I'll move to xanga as soon as I find a clever new name... which may take awhile... hmmm