Thursday, August 02, 2007

Books Read, 2007 (#11 - 15)

I haven't been updating my Books Read, 2007 list! I better write them down before I forget what I've read. I'm quite proud of my mix of fiction and nonfiction reads this year.

The Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader by Michael Moore
How can people ignore facts, is what I want to know.

Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert
I won ten copies of this book for my book club. It was a lot better than I expected it to be, actually, but it stills reads a bit like a male fantasy.

# The Assault on Reason by Al Gore
I agree with so much of what Gore wrote, but at times this book read like someone's dissertation, it's not always accessible to the every reader.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Finally! Ask my thoughts in person, if you want to know. Too long for here.

Mr. Monk and the Blue Flu by Lee Goldberg
This book was better than I expected it to be, because I think it's hard to translate Monk's behavior and quirks to text. I was leery about the book being from Natalie's point-of-view, because I'm not a huge fan of hers, but know I realize that it couldn't be done from any other way. An enjoyable mystery, but I don't know if I'd read another one in the series.

No comments: