Monday, August 06, 2007

The White Stripes, finally!

"White Americans, what?
Nothing better to do?
Why don't you kick yourself out?
You're an immigrant, too."
--The White Stripes, "Icky Thump"

I heart the White Stripes. I'm finally listening to their new album, Icky Thump. Yea! It's a bit strange, but that's par the course with the White Stripes.

I found my copy of Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism, and the Future by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards. It was in my dresser, with some other books from school. So, s0ja, you can borrow it, if you want. It's a must read, if only for the massive collection of feminist links and resources in the back. I've found a lot of great organizations through the list. Right now I'm going down the list, signing up for any free newsletters or mailing lists. For example, even though "we don't need another wave," ;), I just signed up at Third Wave Foundation. They have to be at the forefront of any news. I need to be more aware of current feminist activism. Disappointingly (for a number of reasons), a number of the links in the book are no longer active.

No comments: