Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sex and the City! and #4 and #5

Okay. This post is mostly going to be about material objects, because I've had enough debates for the week (Rosie, of all people, standardized testing, Imus...etc.), and I just want to indulge myself.

So, good things.

I finally won the complete set of Sex and the City through E-Bay! Soon, I will joyously watch all six seasons whenever I want! I paid $82, and considering it retails for $200 - $300, not bad. It's supposed to be brand new and sealed and in English, so if I get some burned DVDs or some packaging from Japan, I will be pissed.

I was one of the first 5,000 to sign up for a tote bag filled with goodies from Oprah! Yes! I've never been so happy about a freebie. This one and the coffee pot, which I don't and probably will never use, are the two coolest ever.

I need to update my album collection, most notably with The Story by Brandi Carlile. I love her music. Listen to her!

***

I read the following novels lately, both for my book club:

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Time Traveler's Wife by by Audrey Niffenegger

Both novels had such great premises, but both fell flat, I think. Highly overrated, the both of them.

***

I received a letter from Congressman LaTourette in response to this e-mail. Same old, same old, but he at least pretends to listen to his constituents.

No comments: