Saturday, August 25, 2007

Books Read, 2007 (#16 - 17)

# We Don't Need Another Wave: Dispatches from the Next Generation of Feminists by Melody Berger (Editor)
I love feminist books that are modern and have a collection of articles on a variety of topics written by different people, and this book is no exception. Having said that, though, I do have a minor quibble. A lot of the articles seemed v. "me me me" orientated, and there's nothing wrong with that, per se, but I (mostly) would rather read about more than just one person's experience in something. Like, I don't care how someone started her Web site or sticker-selling business.

...and His Lovely Wife: A Memoir from the Woman Beside the Man by Connie Schultz
I complained about this book a post ago, but it got better and I finished it. I prob. exaggerated, but there definitely is still quite the feeling of "oh, we love each other so much," blahblahblah, which, really, shouldn't we be happy that there is a happy marriage out there? She adores her husband. Lucky her.

No comments: