Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Constant Gardner / Ben Stein.

Uh, wow. We watched The Constant Gardner last night. I loved it. It wasn't really what I expected. It's advertised as a suspense-thriller, and while it delivers on that, I think they should just come out and promote the movie for what it really is, and that's a love story. (Okay, I see that the tagline for the movie actually is "Love. At any cost." but not once in any preview commercial did I see any mention of a love story...actually, I don't think the previews really show what the movie is about at all.)

I want the soundtrack to the movie.




Ben Stein was on television last night complaining about how hard it is to be a Republican in Hollywood. Yeah, you read that right. Excuse me while I go laugh my ass off.

A white male having a hard time of things? Hahahahahaha. I didn't know Stein was such a comedian. He should try being a black female in Hollywood. Or an old female. Or better yet, a fat female. Then he can come and complain about things being hard, boo hoo.

Stein doesn't have a hard time in Hollywood because he's a Republican. When you audition for a role, no one asks you whether or not you're a Democrat or Republican. He has a hard time because he's the most boring man alive. His stint in Ferris Bueller's Day Off wasn't acting--it was him honestly thinking he had mad teaching skills and that his lecture on supply-side economics was the best thing since "I Have a Dream..."

...Go eff yourself, Ben Stein.

No comments: