Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Stephen Colbert.

If you haven't watched the video of Stephen Colbert "performing" at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, I suggest you do so. Alternately, you can read the transcript.

Stephen Colbert is my hero. This video is a prime example of why he was always my favorite on The Daily Show and why I always said he should have his own show, long before there were plans for him to actually have one. I do love Jon Stewart, sure, but I'm sorry, I don't see him as fearless as Colbert--I can't see Stewart trashing Bush in such a spectacular way to his face. Stewart seems to puss out, to me. Colbert stood at that podium, looked Bush in the face, acted like he truly was a GOP buddy, and then completely skewered him. I felt awkward for Bush, even, and we all know I am not at all a fan. Just...wow. What does Colbert always say on his show? That man has balls.

Apparently Bush and his little cronies were pissed off--some actually leaving the performance. Oh, boo hoo. What did you expect? I'm glad they did, but why would some moron hire a well-known Bush-critic to perform? Probably because GOPs are so out of touch with reality that they actually think Colbert's alter-ego is real.

And these reports that Bush and his twin were funnier than Colbert? Pull the other one. The media is all pissy with Colbert, too, because he wasn't afraid to call them to task, either.

And, yo. Don't be upset that Ken Blackwell won the GOP primary for governor. The man's a nut-job and the worst candidate of the two, but that just means he doesn't stand a chance in hell of beating Ted Strickland for governor come November. Let the Republicans bury themselves by picking Blackwell!

...except it's hard to be optimistic because elections in Ohio are argueably fixed, and who says the vote for governor won't be, too?

No comments: